Each stage of adolescence has different challenges and rewards, both for the parents and the children.
I remember my own teenage years. The desire for independence, coupled with the bliss of not having to pay any bills or take responsibility for anything. That was the fun part. But there were emotional challenges of not knowing what path to take in life, feeling unsure about how to create the independence I craved and struggling to learn as much as possible as fast as possible, which has increased dramatically for today’s youth.
Teenagers now have even more pressure heaped on them with our struggling economy, increasing competition for jobs and the ever-spiralling costs of living, not to mention social media and the urge to be online, connected and constantly comparing yourself to your peers.
It’s a lot to cope with and as parents we have a responsibility to guide and support our children as much as possible while we are also learning the best way to do this and at the same time navigating an ever-changing maze of technological advances. It can feel overwhelming and we all need help from time to time.
Bowen therapy is great for teenagers who are struggling, feeling low on energy or need a boost to help them get through exams.
Here are a few typical problems experienced by teenagers which Bowen can help -:
- Study or exam pressure for high achievers who are feeling the strain and kids who aren’t yet confident in their own ability to succeed.
- Hormonal imbalance with symptoms including sleep problems, moodiness or skin problems;
- Growing pains – most commonly for boys in their early or mid-teens who are having a growth spurt and experience pain in their legs or joints at night
- Sports injuries – over-exercising, training too hard, pushing a young growing body too far or a simple mishap, Bowen can help to release tissue tension and adhesions to aid in improved performance.
- Physical pain caused by spending too much time on the computer, being hunched over a smart phone, or through taking on a demanding physical job for the first time.
- Poor posture which may also be causing physical pain and can be improved by Bowen therapy coupled with a program of basic strengthening and stretching exercises.
Is there a teenager in your life you would like to help? Why not gift them a session or series of sessions and see the difference it makes.
Contact Kristin now to find out more.
Please note that before school appointments are available upon request